THE MISSION OF THE
AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL
"The mission of the American Security Council Foundation is to promote the necessity of maintaining military, economic and diplomatic strength using sound moral leadership.
We have created this Toolkit to ensure that we are all thinking about what it means to do our part in preserving our freedom and security.
We hope you’ll enjoy this toolkit and encourage better dialogue both nationally and locally concerning our nations security."
Dr. Henry A. Fischer ASCF: President/CEO and
Brig. Gen. Donald B. Smith, Chairman of the Board, USA (Ret.)
THE PURPOSE OF THE STEP UP AMERICA TOOLKIT: ENHANCE CITIZENSHIP AWARENESS
"In an increasingly dangerous world, we have created the Step Up America Toolkit to ensure that we are all thinking about what it means to do our part in preserving our freedom and security.
Our goal is to make the Step Up America: The Call to Good Citizenship Toolkit available publicly, at no cost and to generate new conversations across our country between teachers and students, law enforcement / first responders their communities, Congress and their constituents, the military and civilians.
We are consciously creating awareness and the important link between freedom and security.
We cannot enjoy our freedom without security."
Bill McCollum, Former U.S. Congressman and Florida Attorney General
"The Step Up American Toolkit is designed for use by you, the public, to facilitate dialogue about how we as Americans can step up to answer “The Call to Good Citizenship.” ….and in doing so take better care of our country and each other."
Jim Herdt, MCPON, US Navy (Ret.)
The toolkit can be used to:
- Promote civic engagement for all of the neighbors within our villages, towns and cities.
- Introduce our youth to the principles and institutions that form our democratic way of life, and to the possibility of becoming civically engaged.
- Increase awareness, engagement and understanding of the people who protect our freedom and security – and promote greater dialogue with and appreciation for them.
- Create opportunities for our citizens to participate on the front line of homeland security, with an emphasis on cyber security.
- Promote renewed senses of security, safety and well-being within our neighborhoods.